7 To Do’s when returning to Florida
7 To Do’s when returning to SW Florida gives you a quick checklist of items to review so your AC equipment runs smoothly this season.
Tune in and tune up.
Welcome back home to SW Florida! We understand you are ready to get out in that sunshine, but before you head out to the golf course or the pool, take a few minutes for some housekeeping to ensure your AC is, and will continue, to run smoothly.
1. Change the air filter immediately and then once a month. This can lower your air conditioner’s energy consumption by 5%-15%.
2. Clean all indoor vents with a brush or a broom. Be sure to wear a face mask to protect yourself from falling dust.
3. Clear away any debris from the outside drain. Make sure it is situated properly.
4. Remove any debris in or around the outside unit. Check the condenser fins (metallic blades) to be sure they are free from dirt and debris.
5. Is your power shut off? If so, once you turn it on, doublecheck your fuse box and be sure both the indoor and outdoor units are set to ON.
6. Verify your thermostat is set to COOL, and your fan is set to AUTO. If you have a thermostat that requires batteries, replace the battery. Ignoring that task can cause your AC to stop working.
7 To Do’s when returning to Florida means leave the big stuff to us.
Keep in mind your AC may be running fine upon return…until something unexpected happens. That’s why #7 is most important:
7. Schedule a maintenance tune-up with us.
What do we do to maximize your comfort, improve energy efficiency, and prevent a “voided” warranty?
We deep dive into your evaporator, blower, condenser, compressor, fan, filter, and other AC parts. This goes for all types of air conditioners including central and ductless mini-split, and all brands. In fact, we follow a 30 point maintenance checklist which can be found here: 30 point checklist.
7 To Do’s when returning to Florida will help you gain peace of mind – and a little extra money.
We recommend maintenance tune-ups 2x a year. As our maintenance plan holder, you receive priority service and save 10% on parts and repairs. Plus, there are no overtime charges…ever.
- Regular maintenance gives you peace of mind and is typically less costly than a repair. You can save money in the long run with a maintenance plan.
- Neglecting regular maintenance can void your warranty. And ruin your holiday party.
- A well-maintained air conditioner lasts longer. Now you can go to the beach with no worries.
- A tune-up can increase efficiency and decrease cooling costs. Save a few extra dollars a month.
- The EPA, EnergyStar and the US Department of Energy all recommend regular maintenance. Taking care of your investment is smart.
- Keep your warranty on good terms. Let us handle the maintenance to avoid any issues with your warranty.
Contact Sunset Air and Home Services.
Whether you are home or away, maintaining your HVAC equipment is key to avoiding bigger – and more expensive – problems down the road. Plus, you can focus on enjoying the Florida lifestyle, knowing your system is being maintained and taken care of by a trustworthy and reputable AC company.
We have real people answering the phones 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Make that call to us. Then jump on the boat for a fun-filled day on the water, or lounge at the pool with a smile, knowing your AC equipment is running smoothly. 239.693.9005.