Importance Of Dryer Vent Cleaning
The importance of dryer vent cleaning is something most of us don’t think about too often. We understand cleaning the lint screen after each load is important. But what about the build-up in the dryer vent ducts? Since this is not easily visible, it rarely makes it to our To Do list.
This necessary chore of cleaning your dryer vent should be added to your home maintenance list to prevent lint blockage from accumulating. When lint builds up, this causes a reduction in the air flow to the outside. This build up can transform into the combustible needed to start a fire, or a catalyst for other issues.
Florida Dryer Fires
Annually in Florida, more than 12,000 clothes dryer fires occur in residential buildings causing an average of 15 deaths and 300 injuries. The leading factor in these fires is failure to clean dryer vents.
Here are several warning signs of a blocked dryer vent duct:
- Your clothes require higher temperatures to get dry
- You are applying multiple drying cycles
- Clothes are hotter than normal after drying
- The outer surface of the dryer is very hot
- There is more humidity in the laundry room
- You notice a slight burning smell
If you notice any of these warning signs, contact a professional technician at Sunset Air and Home Services: 239-693-9005
Dryer Fire Prevention
In addition to preventing fires, consider these reasons for the importance of dryer vent cleaning.
- Increases efficiency of your dryer.
- Saves you money on your energy bill.
- Improves indoor air quality by eliminating any mildew, bacteria or dust build up, potentially releasing into your home from your supply registers.
- Eliminates any rodents or insects who may have found a home in your dryer vent duct.
- Avoid a fire risk!
Dryer Vent Cleaning Recommendations
The team at Sunset Air and Home Services recommends having your dryer vent ducts cleaned once a year for your dryer to run efficiently and safely. Moreover, be sure to clean your lint screen after each load, check behind the dryer for any lint build up, and call Sunset Air for a professional cleaning.
We are here to help. For over 20 years, we have been serving homeowners, just like you, with expert service for air conditioners and other home improvement needs. The foundation of our culture is finding the right solution for our clients and never selling them something they don’t require.
Call us to schedule your annual dryer vent cleaning today. Contact Us 24/7: 239-693-9005